Lauren and I have exchanged a couple of emails since I asked for comments regarding an early transition to Kinja 1.2. As far as I know and can tell, they've fixed the formatting problem and she originally asked about doing it on Wednesday, but I haven't heard for sure and I believe she's done for today.
Throughout the process, I've said a couple of times that I'd like some assurance that they won't just leave us dangling if they decide to abandon it like they have previous betas, but all indications are that they're planning for everyone to transition and we, along with maybe another community, would simply be among the first.
Of course the reaction to my initial inquiry was mixed, but it wasn't really overwhelming in any direction and if it's going to be inevitable, I figure it wouldn't hurt to get a headstart. This way we'll know how it works and because they'll be expected to interact more in the future, the way we manage our posts might teach the paid bloggers a thing or two.
Again, I don't know for sure that it will be happening in the morning, but if it does, I wouldn't be surprised if I just get an email that says "here goes" as the transition starts and they like to do things in the middle of our night or at six or seven in the morning.
If I hear anything for certain I'll let you know, but that's what I know right now.