If you watch the Alabama legislature at work, you can learn all sorts of new and interesting things. For example, yesterday, during a discussion of a bill to allow the Ten Commandments to be displayed in public settings, we learned that:
- Adultery "means having sex with someone you hadn't got any business having sex with."
- "Jesus himself said feed those who are hungry, clothe those who are nekkid."
- People who believe in Mohammed practice "Muslimism."
- The Ten Commandments were presented by Moses, an African who was born and lived in Africa and wasn't allowed in the Promised Land.
- Rep. John Rogers would rather adjourn for lunch than finish this debate now.
And much, much more.
Here's more from al.com: http://blog.al.com/wire/2014/02/t…
And a storify: The Sermon on the Mount-gomery